WHAT IS SAP ROLLOUT?
SAP roll out means reuse of existing implementation cycle and business processes at the new location. For the roll out, we need to do the same basic settings according to location of the implementation.
In SAP roll out project, there is no need to do everything from scratch. The team needs to work on logos, company code, printouts etc. Suppose one group of company is implementing SAP at one or more places, than in that case company will conduct full-fledged implementation of SAP at one place and subsequently adopt almost same processes of earlier implementation with small changes if needed to adjust working practices, change management and people integration to suit organizational requirement.
In case of a multinational company, geographical consideration needs to be considered along with some important settings; for example, some configuration settings may not be relevant for another country.
In case of differences in processes in both countries, then we need to be careful. Because the configuration settings are implemented for one country may not be useful for other country. So just need check all the business process and then do the necessary configuration. In full life cycle project, we need to analyze customer requirements from scratch but in roll out project only local requirements are considered.
Rollout exactly means, expanding the business after Implementation.
An Organization which is started in one country, expanding their services to other countries, follows Rollout.
Exactly in Rollout we can find that the Organization works accordingly to Government there in other countries like
Taxation: As the taxation will be different in other countries. Ex: Some allowances, Income Tax, etc.
Master Data: As the new employees join the organization
- Increased speed for new implementation.
- Meet timelines.
- Processes and its related layouts (i.e. templates) are already available, configuration related small changes if needed, can be accommodated easily by the implementation consultant; this helps to avoid unnecessary requirements and processes.
- Controlled Budget in terms of to complete the Roll Out project.
Company Rollout: –
- In this rollout create new company code based on location or same location to separate the legal entity.
- Will use same GL account of existing chart of account and in rollout just extend in company code level and if any changes need than manually it can change and save.
- Create new document number range for new company code.
- Create business place and section code for new company code roll out.
- For Asset accounting assign the company code.
- About Financial accounting structure Ex (Posting period and field status variant) create and assign to new company code.
- For print out add the logos.
- In Master Level will be creating if any vendor, customer or employee is a part of new company code.
- House bank to be creating and assign the respective GL A/c and link with payment method based on rank order.
- If the controlling area was same than assign the company code.
- Create object master like cost center, profit center, business area and segment (if different).
- Cross company transaction activity.
Plant Rollout: –
- Create new plant and assign required storage location.
- Assign the plant to company code and shipping plant also (if there)
- Link valuation area (New Plant) with different valuation class (If same)
- Plant set up with sales organization, division and distribution channel.
- Assign Plant with Business place.
- Assign TAX GL with combination of business place and tax code.
- Create new valuation grouping code if maintain the plant wise price calculation. If different assign the GL A/c and same valuation class against the new valuation grouping code.
- New plant assignment to the business area.
International Company Rollout: –
- Tax GL no need to extend for new company code and create GL as per country procedure rule.
- Create Tax pricing procedure and assign to the country.
- For statutory maintain parallel accounting with non-leading ledger.
- Group chart of account create for view report group company level.